This healthier take on wings is insanely delicious! Coated in a delicious honey buffalo sauce, these cauliflower wings are so good that you will forget that you are even eating a vegetable!
Buffalo flavored foods are the BEST to bring to any party or get-together! Try out this dip, these meatballs, or these buffalo chicken sliders! They are the perfect appetizer that everyone will go crazy over.
What Are Honey Buffalo Cauliflower Wings?
Wings are so popular to eat! They are easy to make, easy to dip, and everyone loves them! But, they aren’t the healthiest of options. Cauliflower wings are a take on chicken wings without any of the cholesterol or fat! The cauliflower florets are coated in a flour mixture to create that crispy outside edge. Then, they are baked in the oven and tossed in a honey buffalo sauce.
The result is a food similar to wings with its flavor and crispy texture! But they have the delicious taste of cauliflower in the middle and you can eat them guilt-free! These honey buffalo cauliflower wings are the perfect appetizer for any party. Especially on game day! Dip them in some ranch sauce, and you will love the mixture of the spicy buffalo with the cool ranch. It’s refreshing and delicious!
Ingredients You Need to Make Cauliflower Wings
Honey buffalo cauliflower wings are so simple to make, and the list of ingredients is short and sweet. In fact, you probably already have most of these ingredients in your pantry already! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cauliflower: You will break off the florets into whatever size you prefer! I like them a little bit bigger so that when I am holding them to dip, they aren’t too small.
- Flour: All purpose flour works great for these wings!
- Spices: Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Red Pepper Flakes: These are optional if you want to add a little more heat to the sauce!
- Milk: This mixes with the flour to create a batter to dip the cauliflower florets into.
Honey Buffalo Sauce:
- Buffalo Sauce: My favorite one to use is Franks Buffalo Sauce. It has the perfect flavor!
- Honey: This adds a sweet taste to the buffalo flavoring and they pair so well together!
- Brown Sugar: I love using brown sugar as a sweetener! The depth of the flavor is SO good!
How to Make Honey Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
These honey buffalo cauliflower wings are so easy to make! You dip, bake, and coat. Then you can enjoy dipping them in your favorite sauce! Trust me; these are so good that you will want to double the recipe!
- Preheat oven, cut cauliflower and make the batter: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the cauliflower in half and then cut into florets. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Dip cauliflower: Dip each floret into the batter and remove excess by shaking with a fork. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook and make sauce: Cook for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden. While cooking make the honey Buffalo sauce by combining buffalo sauce, honey and brown sugar.
- Coat in sauce: Toss the cauliflower wings in the sauce and coat evenly. Serve with ranch, celery, and carrots if desired.
Variations and Tips
There are a few things that you can do to make these honey buffalo cauliflower wings taste even better! Here are a few tips for you to try!
- Dips: I love taking something spicy and adding it into a cool dip! Try out this homemade ranch dressing or even this blue cheese dressing. Blue cheese and buffalo are meant to be together! These dips will cool it down the spicy buffalo sauce and add even more delicious flavor.
- Overcooking: Make sure to watch your cauliflower and don’t overcook it. It becomes mushy and can fall apart. Your cauliflower should have a nice cripsy edge that is slightly browned on the outside when it’s done!
- Want it spicier? Depending on the person or the crown that you are serving these for, you may want to crank up that heat! Just add the red pepper flakes and these will go from milk to hot in no time!
How to Store Leftover Cauliflower Wings
These honey buffalo cauliflower wings are best eaten right after you cook them, but if you have leftovers, you can save them and store them for later!
- In the Refrigerator: Once your wings have cooled then place them in an airtight container in your fridge. They will alast for 3-4 days!
- To Reheat: Put the leftovers on a baking sheet and cook them at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes. Take them out once they are warmed throughout!
Honey Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- optional: pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups milk
Honey Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the cauliflower in half and then cut into florets. In a medium-sized bowl add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the milk and mix until combined.
Dip each floret into the batter and remove excess by shaking with a fork. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Cook for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden. While cooking make the honey Buffalo sauce by combining buffalo sauce, honey and brown sugar.
Toss the cauliflower wings in the sauce and coat evenly. Serve with ranch, celery, and carrots if desired.